15 Breed Notes – KC Ch 2024

It was a lovely warm and sunny, albeit a bit breezy Saturday for The Keeshond Club’s first Championship show of the year held at Roade Village Hall. The judge was Margaret Wildman (who last judged us at Border Union in 2018) and she had drawn an entry of 59 Keesies with 8 absentees. All the classes were filled, apart from Baby Puppy and Puppy Dog; with Limit Dog and the Veteran Bitch being the largest of the day (7 and 8 Keesies respectively)

Winning his fourth CC was Gill Brunt’s Gill Brunt’s Ch Divnyi Drug Dar (Imp Rus) (Cinerus Arctic Prince of Star x Rus Ch Divnyi Drug Gusja Lebed) from the Champion Dog class, whilst it was a first RDCC for Sharon and George Rose’s Dianakees Inspector Morse at Esorkees (Ch Rossvale Endeavour to Esorkees x Ednaaron Moondance) winner of Limit.

Winning her first big green card with Best in Show was Debbie Hopkins’ Serenaubach Andromeda (Elegant Sharm Galantnyi Kavaler x Serenaubach Auroras Dance) from Special Yearling, handled as usual by Simon Oakley. It was another first RBCC with Reserve Best in Show for Gill Brunt’s Goldgin Chanel (imp Rus) (Rus Ch Rizheis Shain iz Mirashela x Rus Ch Zareslava iz Mirashela) from Limit.

Best Puppy at his first show was the Cullen’s, Joan Miles and daughter Sarah Dean’s Skyline’s Outlander at Lekkerbek (imp USA)(Am Ch Windrift’s Dirty Hairy x Am Ch Skyline’s Mine Eyes Have Seen) and Best Veteran in Show was Debbie Hopkin’s Int Ch Torrikees Shakira among Serenaubach.

The show was opened at 10.00am with a welcome and couple of announcements from Chairman Melanie Reed Peck. A minute’s silence was then held for Pam Luckhurst (Gavimir) who died on Good Friday, Peter Esland (Trixkees) last Thursday and Glynn Maycock (Enreveyar) who passed away earlier this year. Funeral arrangements are still to be confirmed and obituaries will be in the next issue of Walkee Talkees.

It was nice to see Doris Purdon, Eileen Wilding, Gay Smith, Beryl Henman and Linda Matthews sitting ringside enjoying their day out. The judging was over and done with just after 2.30pm, which meant there was time for most exhibitors to get home and enjoy what remained of the nice weather.

Anji Marfleet